Skip to Content Skip to Menu
Washington Educator Skills Tests (WEST)

The registration, user account, and score reporting services on this website will be temporarily unavailable on Tuesday, September 26, between 7:45 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Eastern time, for system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.


edTPA logo

As of January 1, 2014, edTPA® is a requirement for graduates of Washington educator preparation programs to earn state certification. Learn more about edTPA. link opens in a new window

What tests do I need to take? Read about which tests are required for teacher certification in Washington.

Information about each test. Get specific information about a test, including when and where you can take the test, and access preparation materials by selecting the test from the following table.

National Evaluation Series™ (NES®) Tests

The following NES tests may be used to fulfill the requirement for candidates applying for endorsements on Washington residency teaching certificates.

Washington Educator Skills Test–Basic® (WEST–B®)

Test CodeTest
095/096/097WEST–B: Reading, Writing, Mathematics

Washington Educator Skills Tests–Endorsements™ (WEST–E™)